|Vote "REJECT" on R-71
NOW is the time to
STAND for MARRIAGE
in Washington State!
|← R-71 Voter Education Resources
I'd like to pass along the following two new media messages on Referendum 71, which you might want to consider emailing to
your email list.
Chuck Colson on Referendum 71:
"Homosexual activists are trying to pull a fast one on Washington voters ..."
to listen to Chuck's entire message about R-71.
Chuck Colson is the author of more than 30 books dealing with various aspects of the Christian worldview.
"King and King" Coming to a School Near You?
Vote Reject on R-71: "Judge ruled schools had a duty to promote same sex relationships because the law says they are the same as every other relationship ..."
to consider more about how R-71 could forever change our schools.
I think you will agree these are two very strong messages that should be shared with as many people as possible. I am so grateful to Family Policy Institute of Washington for their effective leadership in getting this message out to the general public.
Yours for the Kingdom,
|Dr. Cureton: "The battle could not be clearer."
Dear Church Leader,
The battle lines could not be clearer.
The time has come for God's people in
Washington State to stand for marriage and vote to "Reject" on Referendum 71!
As you are well aware, the Washington State Legislature passed Senate Bill 5688, which equates "domestic partnerships" with marriage. It will confer all the rights and privileges of marriage upon same-sex couples except for the name. Here is an excerpt:
"It is the intent of the legislature that for
all purposes under state law, state registered domestic partners shall be treated the same as married spouses."
(E2SSB 5688.SL p. 4:25-27)
Consequently, we are encouraging every pastor and church in the state to:
By voting to "Reject" SB 5688 on Referendum 71, you can:
- Hold a "Stand for Marriage" Sunday before the election: We have provided everything you need. Let's do what the apostle Paul says, "making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil" (Eph. 5:16 NIV).
- Encourage your congregation to vote "Reject" on Referendum 71, which is how you can veto the attempt to equate same-sex domestic partnerships with marriage! You are well within your rights to do so. Ask your members to encourage their friends and neighbors to do the same by making phone calls, emailing their lists, and communicating with their social networks through Facebook, Twitter, etc.
For more info on Referendum 71, contact the Family Policy Institute of Washington at www.FPIW.org.
- Preserve traditional marriage between one man and one woman in Washington State
- Protect our God-given and constitutionally guaranteed religious freedoms
- Resist the normalization of homosexuality and genderless marriage in Washington's K-12 public schools
- Help prevent the State Supreme Court from imposing genderless marriage through judicial decree
Your church's involvement will ensure that we
have a fighting chance to preserve marriage as
only the union between one man and one woman.
Without strong support from every church, this battle could easily be lost and marriage will essentially be redefined in Washington state. You can make the difference. The time to act is now!
Standing for Faith, Family and Freedom,
Dr. Kenyn M. Cureton
Vice President for Church Ministries
Family Research Council